a thing but eat while here in Richmond. That's not such a good thing when have an addiction to food like I do. I've had to modify my vegetarian diet just a lil while traveling. I'll be returning to Cali more than a few pounds heavier.
Sunday was my friend El's pastors birthday. So the church threw him a surpise party after service. After El swooped me up from the amtrak station we made our way back to her church where I was treated to some good eating. I had potato salad (made with red potatoes), mac and cheese, candied yams, cabbage, banana pudding, strawberry swirl cake.
After a short recess we headed to another birthday gathering where I sampled (2 pieces that is) the most scrumptious birthday cake. The cake was a marble cake with the best icing on top I've ever consumed. And the cake was so moist.
Labor Day as you know we made our way to El's parents' house for a fish fry. My god. Her mama put it down in kitchen yesterday. I feasted on green salad, spinach, cabbage, mac and cheese, cornbread, baked beans. Mmmm!!!! I had 3 plates of food it was so good. For dessert I had peanut butter cookies while everyone else had chocolate chip cookies.
I got a chance to play Spades yesterday BUUUUUUTTTTT El ruined the game. She was so busy trying to entertain everyone that came by to visit that she kept holding up the game; and to complicate matters she wasn't paying attention to board and she cut me on at least 3 occasions. If its one thing I can't stand for my partner to do is not pay attention to the board and to cut me. I start seeing red.
El works with the youth at her church. A few were present yesterday so she asked them to bless us with the vocals. One guy in particular was sick with it. He's supposed to be working on a album. If the album comes to fruition I'm gonna have to tell yall about him. He sings gospel but his vibe is very R&B. I think you urban gospel lovers will appreciate his gift.
The best performance of the evening, however, belonged to Izzy - the 22 month old in attendance. He was encouraged by his 7 year old sister to sing for everybody. Once he got going there was no stopping him. He was singing, stomping, hopping, and banging on his imaginary keyboards. It was quite funny. I started to make a video recording on my cell phone but I was laughing too hard. Little Izzy was quite the character.
At Cracker Barrel today I had pecan pancakes, grits and hash brown casserole. El's mom is supposed to be making us a sweet potato pie tonight...can't wait. Man, I love to eat.
~Thespian Shawn and his growing waist line out
PS - I forgot to share that Friend called me while I was on the train headed to Richmond to see if I missed or made the train. She told me she waited outside of Union Station an additional 30 mins just in case I missed the train. Wasn't that nice of her?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I've said it before and I'll say it again ... you greedy!
I'm checking out the E! interview. Nice. I'm noticing you're not getting as much camera time as some "other" folks but I guess that's the business. You look GREAT!
I am jealous of you, you are livin the life, what a trip.
I love me some food too! And Cracker Barrel has some good food. I made some french toast the other day and I must say they were pretty good.
Chele - Just 'cause a man love to eat it don't make him greedy. :-D I am a connoisseur of flavors.
I still haven't seen it. I'll take your word for it that I looked good. Thanks!
Kathi - I don't know about living the life but I tried to make the most of this trip. I don't travel ever so I had to live it up while away.
ShellyP - Aw sookie sookie ShellyP's cooking skills are sharpening. Go 'head!
I love Cracker Barrel.
Post a Comment