1. Yesterday I was down for the count. I woke up feeling terrible. I didn't have a fever or a cold or anything - a mild headache at worst. Nonetheless, I couldn't muster up the energy to do anything. After a run to Trader Joe's I was bed ridden all day. I am pretty sure I slept for about 14 hours yesterday. I guess I needed the rest.
2. So cuckoo cousin seems to have made a full recovery. Though she claims that it takes 3 psychiatric pills to keep her functioning normally. Speaking of cuckoo. All those blazing fires that flared up last week have been quelled.
3. One of my other cousins got married this weekend. It was a nice ceremony. I had a great time with the family. The only issue I had was with the lone musician who chose to play music on the organ instead of the keyboards or piano. The result was the pre-ceremony music sounded like we were attending a funeral. Take a listen: pre-ceremony music. I should mention the wedding singers were TERRIBLE!!!!! One butchered For You by Kenny Lattimore; the other tortured us with a rendition of The Lord's Prayer. Both women were awful.
4. One surprising discovery for me at the wedding was learning that my cousin is still dating the guy that was the source of the argument that lead to the rumble that lead to me and cuckoo cousin's near shooting after my aunt's funeral several months ago. I told her she had betta have a great reason for still dating his behind after I nearly died. I know she won't anything remarkable to say but it needed to be said.
5. My damn near 60 year old uncle was doing the butterfly and the nasty at the reception. Very comical. Oh if you could've seen him breaking it down when they started playing Atomic Dog.
6. Last week, I sat in on a few post production sound mastering sessions with Shavar for his film. Boy oh boy what a tedious process. It takes a great deal of patience to go through every frame with a fine tooth comb to catch then tweak the errors. I was easily worn out. *Shavar if you're reading this, if you say another word to me about RVs we gon' fight.
More Commercials I Liked
Loved most of the ads for following brands because the jingle was fun to sing along with:
The old school Shasta Soda Pop ads back in the 80's. I loved their jingle. "Do you wanna pop? Do you wanna Shasta?"
Nair ads from the 80's. Again, another jingle I liked. "We wear short shorts."
Dr. Pepper. "Imma a pepper. She's a pepper. Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?"
Pringles. "Betcha can't eat just one?" Very true. In junior high school I used to eat half a can of pringles a day.
7-UP ads featuring the Caribbean actor with the deep voice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
After all the traveling and running around it's no wonder you slept 14 hours. Take care.
Post a Comment