UPDATED
Friday
After waiting in the house all damn day for my luggage to be delivered my next obstacle was getting from Spiritual's house to Friend's house. The original plan called for Spiritual to drop me off at Friend's house sometime during the afternoon Friday but jetBLUE losing my bag messed that up. I was originally told delivery would be between 11 and 4. I didn't actually get my bag until 6 something that evening.
I called Friend around 3:30 to let her know that I needed her to come swoop me. She moaned and groaned about having to drive 15 minutes out of her way to come get me - especially when it was Spritual's responsibility. I reminded her of the lost luggage issue and explained that Spiritual, being a groom, had other pressing issues to adhere to. The biggest being his wedding rehearsal. Friend continued to huff and puff but ceded to my request; but not before she informed me that she was going to Clinton Portis' party that evening and I had betta be ready when she was in the area because she was short on time. Agreed!!!!!
Once I retrieved my bag I called Friend immediately to let her know that I was offically ready for pick up. Of course she had to remind me of the great burden I was placing on her. She was busy shopping at the mall so she tells me it'll take her hours before she can get to me. Fine!
Around 8 pm she calls me backs to say she's on her way and asks me for Spiritual's address. I give it to her.
Around 8:20 she calls me back to let me know that she can't fit me into her tight schedule so she'd rather pick me up after returns from her party.
Around 8:45 she calls me back to say she'd rather come get me now because she'll be too tired to do pick me up at 2am.
Friend calls me back at leatst 4 more times while she's driving to me to ask for Spirituals address. Our typical exchange:
Friend: what's spiritual's address again? 5055?
Me: No, it's 5210
10 minutes later
Friend: His address is 5055 right?
Me: NO, its 5210
5 minutes later
Friend: I forgot his address again. What is it?
Me: 5210
Yes, people I know...draining as hell. Anyhoo, Friend finally picks me up and we make the mad dash back to her crib so she can get ready for her party. I get a quick tour of the house and am deposited in front of the tv with a remote. Friend makes her final preparations is gone before you know it.
After midnight Friend starts sending emails from her Sidekick to mine. What chu doing? You sleep? Then she hits me with did hubby come home? Hubby coming around is news to me. No sooner than I had emailed her "no" I hear hubby coming through the door. He walks upstairs where I am and grumbles a terse and barely audible "eh, wassup!" I respond "Hey hubby!" He does whatever in the closet then makes his way to the basement. I email Friend and let her know Hubby has returned home.
Shortly thereafter, within the hour I'd say, Friend returns home. When she gets upstairs she tells me
Friend: he told me to get away from him.
Since I'm half asleep I have no clue what she's talking about but I offer
Me: oh...why?
Friend: He's mad because I went out tonight. He didn't want me to go to the club.
Me: Oh!
I say very dryly while thinking damn, can't a man get some rest around here? And why do I feel like i'm in the middle of a war zone? Bastards.
Now that Friend has finally returned home its officially time for bed. I'm told to stay in Friend's bed while Friend sleeps in their daughter Yummy's room and Hubby sleeps in the basement with the tv blaring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
"what size drink again?" "what address again?" LOL! I mean, is it something in the water?
dmarie - I don't know. I'm a magnet for crazy. That's how I look at it.
That ain't the way to act when you gots company....dang. Maybe hubby was threatened. You know not to visit them overnight again.
drama, drama and more drama. she loves it!
Berry - you know! Act like a good host when someone comes to visit especially if you known for over a month that you'd hosting
Mwabi - she lives for it.
Oh My! I thought Hubby was out, what happened?
Post a Comment