Friday, January 20

5 Crazy Things I've Done

Ok, Kathi had this 5 weird habits about yourself post the other day. I really wanted to play along but I could only think of 1 weird habit I have. Today some stuff popped into my head about some crazy stuff I've done so I decided to change the rules.

5 Crazy Things I've Done

1)I kneed an older woman in the butt once. We were preparing to exit a plane. Everyone was in the aisles trying to get their stuff. We were all kinda smashed together because no one really wanted to give way. The woman in front of me had a bag that she kept flinging over her shoulder and hitting me with. After the 4th unsuccessful attempt at getting the bag on her shoulder I assumed she would've realized that was something preventing the bag from resting on her shoulder - me. My friends were snickering as they noticed my growing agitation. So I say loud enough for everyone to hear "I KNOW... this feel bitch feels me!" hoping that would get the womans attention. It didn't. She flung that bag on her shoulder one mo' gin and hit me so I reared my knee back and let it rip into her ass. She hunched forward, grabbed her husband then they both turned to look at me as I smirked angrily. A passenger who witnessed the incident screamed out in disgust "Uh uh! Oh I never! No you didn't!" By then passengers in the other aisle were departing so I squeezed through a row of seats and told the loud talker "Shut the fuck up. She wasn't hitting you with her big ass bag," and walked off the flight.

2)I once inhaled black pepper to induce a sneeze. Don't you just hate when you have to sneeze and it won't come out? Yea, me too. That's why my dumb ass inhaled the black pepper. hahaha! It took hours for all the black pepper to come out of my nose

3)I had buddy who was notorious for leaving stuff in my car and not realizing it for days. He would then call me and ask to check here and there for his stuff. I thought it was quite annoying. One day he left his pager. When I see it I roll my eyes and start to curse him in my head "Why he got to be so damn absentminded" and the like. So I pick up the phone and with much attitude I page him. I hang up the phone and instantly I hear his pager going off which really starts to rile me up. So 5 minutes go by and he hasn't called. I really getting pissed. I am sitting there thinking "why in the world hasn't this fool called me back? I paged 911." I stew for a few more minutes then I finally have my moment of realization as I stare at his pager about what I had just done. I had just paged someone to inform them they had left their pager in my possession. I fell out on the floor in hysterics for 5 minutes. I think I called everybody that night to share that story.

4)I got pulled over for speeding ticket in Vegas years ago. I was clocked doing 100+ mph. I was 1 exit away from the strip...One exit. It was 4:30 in the morning and I was pissed. The highway patrolman, or vegas PD I can't remember, strolls up to the driver side window. He flashes that damn flashlight in the back seat then into my eyes. He taps on the window to cue me to roll the window down.

HP: Sir, do you know how fast you were going? Asked very menacingly
Me: Yes! With defiant attitude
HP: Why were you speeding?
Me: To get where I had to go!!!!!! Yes, I said it with a straigt face, looking him in the eye and attitude...no exaggeration.
HP:I'm sorry! What did you say? Incredulously
Me: TO GET....Where I Had To Go!!!! Said with greater dictation and syncopation
HP: License and registration sir.

Officer walks off my friends start rousing me about how I just played myself. Why didn't you lie? Why were you talking to him like that? Boy you crazy! Mr HP speaks in to his bullhorn

HP:Please exit your vehicle and come to my passenger window.

I get out of the car and make my way to his window. I know he made me get out of my car on purpose because it was freezing and the wind was really blowing. I am shivering as he speaks.

HP: You're getting off lucky. If this were any other deputy you'd be in jail right now. (He was black by the way)
Me: Thank you.
HP: I'm reducing your speed too.
Me:Thanks!
HP:A piece of advice for you: the next time you to fly into vegas use that over there

He points to the vegas airport.

5)I was escorted out of the movie theater once. Me and a friend decide to go see Star Trek: Contact. He decides he wants to return his ticket and watch the movie for free since there's no one manning the door collecting tickets. He returns his ticket then comes back into the theater. The manager follows him back into the theater and asked to see his ticket. He tells him he threw it away. The manager asks my friend to follow him outside. My buddy was really good at dodging and skirting trouble so I wasn't too worried until the previews ended and he wasn't back. I leave the theater and join in the debate my friend is having with manager. We squabble for 20 minutes, my friend physically threatens one of the moviegoers who jumps into the argument we're having with the manager. At that point, the manager tells one of the employees to call security and we are escorted to my car.

Two hours later we return to the theater with another friend in tow and begin to argue with the manager again. We ask for the manager's card and corporate contact info and leave with the promise of filing a discrimination lawsuit.
Feel free to share a crazy or embarrassing story of your own.

12 comments:

kathi said...

ARE YOU CRAZY????
1. Why couldn't you have just said, 'excuse me, you're hitting me with your bag'?? I can't believe you hit some woman.

2. Why would you give some cop attitude when he was just doing his job?? I don't get it, why were you going that fast? Do you think he let you off easy cause he recognized you?

3. Dang, guy...if your buddy needed the bucks so bad that he'd go to all that trouble to cheat his way for $10 or so, maybe he shoulda kept his butt home.

Lean close, darlin, gonna slap you here and now. Gees, now I'm ticked off.

Fresh said...

UR out of control!!!! Dang dude, you could have been charged with assault for kneeing that woman...that would have made the headlines or EURweb. LOL

I hope you don't drive like a maniac all the time...my worse fear is being in an accident.

OK, your man was mad cheap to try to return the ticket...then you all rolled up with the posse? When you KNEW you were wrong. ROFLMAO

Black pepper, huh? Sounds about a wise as paging your friend. You've got character (and a temper) LOL

Shawn said...

kathi - saying 'excuse me' never crossed my mind. i felt accosted and didn't feel the need extend that courtesy to her.

Believe it...I did it.

The cop got attitude because it was late, I had been driving for 3+ hours and I was in disbelief that I had almost made to my destination without being caught. If he did recognize me he gave no such indication. I think he was tickled that I responded the way I did.

He was very cheap...you don't know the half of it

berry - I am not out of control...

I drive fast everyday. I've never been in an accident...it's you defensive drivers that cause all of the pile ups.

Me and the posse had plenty more to say. How bout the theater was closed by the time we got back? We tapped on the door until they let us in.

now you know you thought my pepper remedy was clever!

Me? Temper? Oh, pish posh!

chele said...

I'm scared of you ... what's up with all the hostility?

The dumbest thing that I did recently was right before I went to Vegas. I hate to check my luggage so I was trying to get everything into two carry-ons. I had the brilliant idea to buy one of those space bags that you fill up with clothes and then suck all the air out with a vaccuum cleaner. The bag gets all scrunched down and leaves a lot of room in the suitcase. I was so proud of how smart I was until my boyfriend asked me what I was going to do on the return trip? Did I plan on bringing the vaccuum with me?

Ironically, two days before this incident I had taken an IQ test which revealed that I was not a logical thinker. Go figure.

SP said...

You are crazy! I really can't think of anything crazy that I've done but I'm sure there is stuff.

1) I would have turned around like I was talking ot someone and hit her with my bag. Didn't have a bag? Borrow one!

2) Pepper? Oh no! I have hay fever. All I have to do is roll around in some grass and I'll be sneezing like crazy.

3) I laughed out loud at my desk. You got everyone looking at me like I'm crazy!

4) I can't believe you gave the cop attitude!

5) I can't believe you came back! You should have just left it alone.

Shawn said...

chele - hostility is a great wall of defense. people leave you alone when they think you're not approachable.

your vacuum idea was genius! Haaaa

kathi said...

You know I wanna smack you...you're fortunate I wasn't the lady on the plane, the cop or the theater manager.

I've done that with my hubbys cell phone, he left it at home and I called him on it to tell him...realized it when it rang.

The pepper? That's honestly not a bad idea...whose was it, LOL... :) Love ya

Shawn said...

SP - i actually had a bag in my hand. what you suggested crossed my mind but I thought better of it.

i'm glad #3 made somebody laugh as hard as it made me laugh.

yea I gave the cop attitude...I don't care for the way they try to intimidate you so I always have a chip on my shoulder when I deal with cops.

Bballmom said...

You are right, those were definately crazy!

Fresh said...

Geeze, defensive too. LOL

Stacy-Deanne said...

Let me just say I never, EVER want to be anywhere near YOU on a plane or in a car, LOL! I would do this 5 list thing too but I don't have enough guts, LOL! I don't feel like rehashing the time I was arrested in Cuba for prostitution or the time I accidentally slept with Michael Jackson or the time I woke up married to Howard Stern. Nope, some things are better left unsaid, LOL!

Shawn said...

kathi - smack me? whose the violent one now? ;)

stacyd - no need to be scuurrrrd of me...as long as you don't accidentally hit me with your duffle bag numerous times without apologizing, let your whiny child cry in my hear ear throughout a lengthy flight, try to strike up conversation, drive so slowly in front of me that I have to maneuver to get around you and give you the look, merge in to my lane doing 55 mph when I am goin 80 mph and cause me to slam on my brakes, slow the flow of traffic on the freeway because you're braking constantly trying to drive and chat on the phone at the same time...nothing else really bothers me

now you know you're the wrong age, complexion and gender to get an invite into MJ's lair. LOL

berry - i'm only defensive about my art and when someone has lied on me

bballmom - i have more