skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I've Been Thinking
- Why won't they send Santino home on Project Runway? AARRRRGGGHHH!!!!
- Why do people misspell curse words on the internet - e.g. shyt - like that changes the meaning? A bad word is a bad word. It's shit not shyt; fuck not fukc; and ass not arse. Use the bad word or don't dammit.
- And why do people alternate caps and no caps in words e.g. HoNeY? That's time consuming.
- Why can't I stop buying and eating Trader Joe's Marble Tea Cake Loafs? I've already eaten 3 this week.
- Why do the contestants on American Idol look surprised, shocked and sometimes even hurt when the judges tell them they can't sing? Do you mean to tell me you really didn't know you had no talent? Get out of here with that!
- Why does my buddy refer to his girlfriend as 'that woman' when she's not around? Me: Why do you call her that woman? Him: I guess I need to get used to the idea of having a gf. Me: Used to it...How long have y'all been together? Him: 4 months
- Why did my great Aunt, whose in her late 60's, tell the service rep on the phone "I don't think that's fair" when she was told she couldn't place an order with a money order because they only accepted credit cards...Me: that sounds about right! GA: they are supposed to let you send in a money order...that's the way it's always been done. Me and cousin start snickering. Me: is that right? matter of factly my GA says: yes. it's not funny! I really wanted to order XXXX
- Why does my ghetto friend rotate through the following away messages on AIM 1)"THESE NIGGAS WANT TO PLAY..WELL I DO TO. WHO IS GONNA BE MY STARTIN FIVE?" 2)WHEN PEOPLE SHOW WHO THEY REALLLY ARE YOU SHOULD BELIEVE THEM" 3)"HOW THE FUCK DID I GET HERE? DOES ANYONE CARE?" I heard her bragging to another friend about how her messages are clever and witty. I was thinking "gosh you're dumb!"
- Why do I have murderous impulses every time I hear someone say "I seen so and so... We seen that" Why don't your dumb ass know it's I SAW not i seen? Why do people have the audacity to get offended when I correct them? (When I say people I mean people I am acquainted with well not stangers) I'm just trying to help yo' dumb ass.
- Another one that kills me - 'mines.' Recently, I had a dummy say to me "you wanna know what mines is?" I gave moment of pause to see if they would correct themselves before I answered...the delay didn't help. Sigh!!
more to come later...
4 comments:
Is someone kinda' grumpy today? I know most of these are rhetorical questions but I'm gonna respond anyway, now what! LOL I agree with some of your list. Already gave my opinion on Santino so I will leave that one as stands.
* Why do people misspell curse words on the internet
A lot of times I think people don't want kids searching using those curse words and landing on their site...keeps the trolls and other riff-raff away. Also some people's jobs block sites that have too much profanity. Some people use it to be cute and others phonetically...some people say arse instead of ass (west indian culture).
* And why do people alternate caps and no caps in words e.g. HoNeY? That's time consuming.
I think they think it is cute...other's are just too lazy to fix the error.
* I suspect your great aunt must be thinking of the days of ordering out of the Sears and JC Penney catalogs. Maybe you could send a money order since it is essentially cash. You know old folks hate credit.
*Your friend with the AIM is sad. How old is she? 12? SMH
*I've given up on the people who misuse the English language like it is supposed to sound that way. I remember back in the day when folks would correct you. I mean really, this is American and we speak English. It's not that difficult folks, especially when it is your first and ONLY language. Why can't we get it right? Back in the day, you had better not get on TV talking broken English...the only time you saw that was the news and shows like Beverly Hills Hillbillies. Even on Good Times and the Jeffersons it wasn't as bad as what we hear nowdays....conversate? I seent her down the scrkeet. What your name is? Remember this one, what time it is? We used to laugh...now folks don't know what you are talking about when you say it correctly? SMH
berry - now what? You're my kind of people.
I am not grumpy at all.
AIM girl is 32 not 12...hehe
I can understand West Indians and Europeans using arse but I've witnessed Americans doing the same and it drives me crazy.
Ok, I can accept that "people don't want kids searching using those curse words and landing on their site" and jobs blocking sites but I think a lot people do it to because they think it's cute or in their minds it's their way of not really cursing.
Oh my god!!!! How did you know about my aunt and JC Penney? Hahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
"this is America and we speak English. It's not that difficult folks, especially when it is your first and ONLY language." <---Exactly
Everytime I hear the conversate I just want to scream "it's converse you moron...CONVERSE!!!"
Yes, I remember "what time it is?" I used to laugh heartily but now that there are numerous people that don't know it was a 'funny expression' not the correct way to ask the time it's not so funny. :-(
My great won't let go of "badder." She'll say something like "Things are badder than they used to be." I've tried repeatedly to get to her to say "worse" but she keeps coming back to "badder."
One of my cousins says "likeded," and another says "lookeded." I can't seem to find the right time to correct them. I am just praying they don't say while we're in public. I overheard one of the same cousins saying "I've enjoyed being 'teached' by you..." It took everything in me not to blurt out "taught cuz. you meant to say taught."
'scuse the typos...I look like I haven't mastered the English language myself. LOL
the typos are forgiven.
Post a Comment