Wednesday, January 18

Well, Well, Well

today marks my 1 year blog anniversary. I am a bit surprised that I've stuck with blogging this long. I have really enjoyed my time here in blogsphere. Being granted access to the thoughts, feelings and views of others outside of my circle has been fun; heartwarming; and inspirational. Thank you all for sharing a little part of yourself with me and the rest of those that you fellowship with here in blogsphere.
Moving on!

The Flavor of Love
continues to be a barrel of laughs. Ok, let's recap:

Hottie comparing herself to Beyonce had to be the high point of the show. What is with that Joker-esque grin that is forever plastered across her face? Also, what is with her incessant need to lie and backpedal once she is called out for the sillyness comes out of her mouth?

New York is growing on me for some reason. She is definitely the ultimate bitch and villianess. I was rooting for her to be sent home originally but she brings so much drama to show that she has to be one of the finalist. Ok...the fake crying she broke into when flav was set to take the second set of 'beauties' on a group date was delicious. I just love the way flav cheered her up with that "remember who you are" line then smacked her on the ass and suddenly she felt better. That was comedy when left the senior citizen home after that crazy ass woman asked NY to help her put her teeth in her mouth. Yuck! The New York vs Hottie showdown is shaping up nicely. "You look more like Luther Vandross" - classic.

Pumkin scares me folks. Somethin' ain't right. Why does she enjoy slobbering on Flav? Her definition of OG being Olive Garden....Hehehehe...GTF out of here! I felt bad for her when flav told her she wasn't so good with kids.

Serious calling Flav an intellectual does beat all...if he's an intellectual she has to be dumb ass hell. Did anyone believe her when she said she had feelings for Flav? I didn't buy it.

Hoopz I am still wondering why she's there...man, she's too cute and too young to be putting herself through this insanity. I absolutely loved when she told New York she was going to through that ball in her face. Looks like she's starting to come out of her shell. I was saddened to hear her confess her growing attaction to Flav...this is a cruel joke, right Hoopz? The preview for next week's show scares me even more...why Hoopz? why?

Red Oyster is something else. I can't wait to see where this scheming gets her. The producers have to be setting us up for something major.

How can any future suitor whose seen this show take any of these women seriously? I can't imagine dating anyone that's competed to have a fling with Flavor Flav.

Flavor Flav moments: When that fool said he had six kids and wanted 4 more...I nearly choked on my spit. Do the world a favor flavor, no more procreating. Can you imagine 4 Flav jrs running around? yikes!

Why did this idiot call Red Lobster elegant? "It was elegant before it was popular." I am judging those dining etiquette lessons Flav learned on Strange Love have been forgotten. I am a hearty eater but damn...watching Flav eat had to be one of the most digusting things I've ever witnessed.

After his Red Lobster date, I was utterly tickled watching this numbnut's confessional where he stated "I like easy ones too, " in reference to Sweetie playing hard to get then giving us that wino grin and head shake.


Flava-ism of the week: I wanna know which one of these girls is gonna love Flava da best!!!
Real World/Road Rules Challenge is shaping up nicely this season. Without Coral and Veronica around we're getting a chance to see some other villians emerge....great, great, great. Monday's elimination was sad but the veteran's played themselves. Beth and Derrick need counseling - seriously. He's a sociopath and she reminds me of Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction. Anissa should be sent home on GP...wearing that mohawk is plain foul in itself but dying the close cropped portion honey blonde is reprehensible.
Anybody watching Project Runway tonight? Santino must die....

I got a chance to see 10 minutes of the Boondocks this past weekend. It was my first time watching. I thought it was a bit flat and really dry. It didn't make me want to tune in again. Has anyone being watching this on the regular? I was taken aback by the usage of "nigga" throughout the portion of the episode I saw. Is this a regular occurrence?

I can't recall who it was, but I want to smack whomever told me Regina was doing a good job voicing the lead character. Didn't sound like a boys voice to me.

I so hate that they make it a regular practice to hire women to voice the parts of little boys in animation. Most times it's so obvious that it's a woman trying to sound like a little boy. It's terrible.

I picked out Kym Whitly's voice as one of the minor characters in the show. Man, she's dope....her voice is so expressive.

Those of you who watch - should I tune in again?

10 comments:

SP said...

Happy Anniversary!

Alright! I admit it. Because of you, I watched Flavor of love. There is no way Sweetie waits a month to kiss a man she likes. She just didn't want to kiss him after watching him eat! I would have just gotten up and told him to "Cut me! I'll be waiting in the limo!" And, something is up with Red Oyster. She ain't for real. I think the show planted her to have her spy on the girls!

Oh, I LOVE Project Runway! Hate Santino, love Nick and Chloe.

Shawn said...

sp - thank you.

re: sweetie - you're right...she doesn't wait a month.

"I'll be waitign in the limo" - hahahahahaYea,

re: red oyster - I agree. Oyster has to be a plant.

Santino must die...I hope tonight's his night to go...

Why does Nick look lost and heavily medicated? I don't think he's all there.

Fresh said...

First off, Happy Blogoversary!!!

Project Runway: Santino is good entertainment. I don't think he connects with the panel with his fashion sense but he makes good TV. I really preferred last season and only catch it when nothing else interesting is on.

Flava: Had enough with the Bridget Niesen show so I can't take another season of that man.

Boondocks: Caught the first few eps but have been missing it lately. I guess it didn't really grip me enough to remember to watch it when it airs. He should make a killing on the DVD as a cult classic though.

Waddie G. said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I had to admit that I finally started to watch the Flav show...it's very peculiar in an interesting way. I feel sorry for those wannabe video vixens

chele said...

Happy Anniversary!

You know how when people don't want to admit they watch something on TV they always begin their sentences with, "I was flipping through the channels and ..."

Well, I was flipping through the channels last night and saw Flav's harem. I saw the part where that girl said she looked like Beyonce and I was done after that. Did Flav really say that Red Lobster was elegant?

I haven't been able to see an entire episode of the Boondocks but it's my understanding that "nigga" is all up and through that show. I like the comic strip but I'm not compelled to watch the show.

Bballmom said...

Sorry, I can't bring myself tyo watch Flav. That is asking way too much of me!

princessdominique said...

Happy blog Anniversary! I watch Flav (shhhh, don't tell anybody) but I saw pin-up photos of Hoopz a la Playboy Bunny-esque so she looks innocent but probably isn't. And yes Hottie looking like Be? Umm, just ask Jigga--that's a negative!

Stacy-Deanne said...

Goodness, another Flav post? Shawn this is the eleventh blog I've visited that's mention this fool or has his picture(lord help us) plastered on a post. I just got on Rose about putting his picture on her blog, ruining my appetite, LOL! I would have watched Bobby's ignorant show before even thinking of watching Flav unless I accidentally saw an old Public Enemy album cover. Let me shut up about that, LOL! Happy anniversary and it's been great blogging with you too! I have to admit, I was reluctant about blogging but when I started it, a whole other world opened up. Also people who blog don't seem as crazy and perverted as the ones on message boards or chat rooms. At least who I have met so far, LOL!

Shawn said...

berry - thank you.

re santino: he gets under my skin. i want to strangle him...everything he says irks me.

re Flav: Strange Love was entertaining wasn't it? Remember when his kids confronted Bridget at church and ignored him?

profgq - thanks

dyb- thanks

chele - thanks

"so you was flipping through the channels" and? lol....harem? that's a good one. Yes, Flav said Red Lobster was elegant.

bballmom - I sure wish you'd change your mind but I understand. Maybe you can just be flipping through your channels like chele.

princessd - thanks...hoopz may not be innocent but i would've hope she had some dignity...

your secret is safe with me.

stacy- thank you...i enjoy you too.

sorry you had to read another flav post but this show is too funny not to watch.

I have a big ass grin on my face whenever I watch it. Ahh!!

Sundeep Kothari said...

This show rocks!