- why are most fat people knock-kneed?
- Why do I think Derrick on The Real World/Road Rules Challenge is a serial killer in training? Everything about him is off - the stare downs; the psycho confessionals; the odd, pursed way he holds his mouth
- Why did I get hit up with gang signs on the freeway 2 weeks ago? Some fool cut me off then threw up crip signs in his rearview mirror. I died laughing. How old are you fool? Like 45? Stop!!!!
- Ok, why did my buddy say 'there were some surprising twistses in the movie' yesterday while telling me about Underworld?
J-Roc: (chuckles) I tried to catch myself
Me: You know I am not going to let you live this one down right?
J-Roc: Yes
My NFL weekend was a complete bust. I am wondering if Carolina and Denver are still waiting for the AFC & NFC Championship games to start 'cause I know I sure am. Those weren't games on Sunday. Those were mismatched exhibitions of amateurs against professionals. I was really hoping for the Steelers to lose the AFC Championship game but it was clear from the start that they weren't going to let anything get in their way in route to the Super Bowl. Denver was so bad against the Steelers that I couldn't even watch most of the game. Jake Plummer was god awful in Sunday's game. You know I haven't been able to really root for the Broncos since Plummer came to town. The Broncos have always been my team but he doesn't inspire confidence for some reason. I wish the games had been more competitive. I really thought Carolina was going to shock Seattle with the upset. I think the bigger shock was how poorly Carolina played, especiallly Jake Delhomme. Man, that game may have been even more brutal than the Steelers vs Broncos.
Thank goodness there were tennis matches on the tube. The Australian Open has been interesting to say the least with all the major and minor upsets. It's disappointing to me and most fans that we didn't get 3 highly anticipated marque women's matches - Venus vs Henin; Serena vs Sharapova; Hingis vs Pierce. Hopefully we'll see those matchups soon.
I give many congrats to Hingis on her return. She's working her way through the draw with ease. After a 3 year absence that's pretty remarkable. If you follow tennis, I am sure you're as anxious as I am to see Hingis vs Sharapova after the comments Hingis made regarding Sharapova a few weeks ago.
On the men's side, I don't know why but I just love watching Andy Roddick go down in flames especially when he falls to someone he's supposed to spank. I never tire of watching his on court melt downs. I always get extra pleasure hearing the commentators switch up their analysis of his game too. They usually begin each match talking about what a great weapon his powerful serve is, talking about his big forehand, how much his off court training has improved in recent years and talking any and every compliment to offer up to him. They end the matches talking how he needs to work on his court positioning or volleys or some crap...It's the one of the funniest things to hear if you follow tennis.
I don't know what I am gonna do if Federer doesn't win the Australian Open this weekend. I know he's into the final yet but nothing should stop him now. I was a bit disappointed in his performance against Haas in the 3rd and 4th sets the other night. Who was that guy out there. He sure does go on extended mental vacations when he plays sometimes.
Damn...as I was writing this post I just read that Davenport was ousted from the Australian Open by Henin...damn, damn, damn...I can't stand that damn Henin. Henin or Sharapova to win the AO? Say it ain't so! That would dampen my whole weekend.
So everyone is excited about Kobe going for 81 this weekend in the Lakers' game against the Raptors. Is anyone else alarmed that Kobe took 46 shots? I think I would be bored to tears if I played along side him - running up and down the court watching him hurl up shot after shot. Either Kobe's being really selfish on the court right now or there are a bunch of terrible players on the Lakers squad stealing money from Dr Buss. He scored 28 of the Lakers 31 points in the 4th quarter. Good grief! (No I am not a Kobe fan if you can't tell)
This song popped into head this weekend...Take a listen and tell me if you remember. This song reminds me of going to the indoor Swap Meet with my cousins and buying mixtapes from vendors inside the swap meet.

4 comments:
I remember this song! Too funny! I think I was at CSUN at the time. I'm getting too old to remember much tese days. hee,hee
Two in one day, pretty cool.
I don't know anything at all about sports except to sit in the stands and watch when my boys are playing.
I did, however, go to see Glory Road today. It was so amazing.
Good luck on your auditions!
The Swap Meet! Oh, I miss the swap meet. People looked at me all crazy when I first used that term on the east coast.
I was really disappointed in football too! I thought the Denver/Pitt game would be a close one and the 20something to 3 score in the first half really disappointed me. I watched the whole game, but only because I was at a bar with some of the guys from work. Then to go home and see the same thing happen with the Seattle/Carolina game… I stopped watching at half time, only occasionally flipping back to check the score. I mean, the teams I wanted to win, but it was just sad watching it. Hopefully the SuperBowl will be more exciting.
Yes, Derrick looks like a serial killer. And Beth is just psycho too. Great leadership they got there. Did you watch Flav? I can’t believe ol’ girl tried to cook a whole chicken in the microwave. Can you tell I’m behind? I had to catch the re-run last night.
bballmom - used to be one of my favorite songs
kathi - Glory Road amazing? Interesting
SP - haha..east coasters didn't understand the swap meet?
The Super Bowl has to be better
Have you seen Minority Report? Beth and Derrick should be arrested by the pre crime unit.
You know I saw The Flavor of Love...come on now!!! The chicken in the microwave was beyond strange. Hottie is an airhead.
bernie - welcome
Carolina had no passing game either. Damn, that was funny and tragic when Goings couldn't hold himself up after that big hit he took.
I didn't see the Lakers game but there just couldn't have been any ball sharing
Thanks
Post a Comment