Wednesday, January 25

Old Wench

The old wench at the medical office nearly got royally cussed out this morning. I had to get a physical for a life insurance policy I am trying to obtain. I walked into the medical office and immediately I noticed a sign in sheet for drug testing. Since that didn't apply to me, I peeked around a corner and saw an older woman sitting behind a desk. I took a few steps closer to her area and waved my hand a little until I got her.

OW: (dry, rude) What do you need?
Me: (pointing to myself) Hi, I have an appointment between 10 and 10:30
OW: (rude) Sir, I don't understand sign language. I can't hear you (she stands up from behind her desk and makes her way to me)
Me: (I frown) Excuse me...who are you talking to like that?
OW: I couldn't hear what you were saying
Me: That's fine but there's was need for you say "I don't understand sign language."
OW: Well, I couldn't hear what you were saying.
Me: What you said was rude and unnecessary. All you had to say was "I am sorry I can't hear you."

Old Wench never apologized. I was hot. And lucky for her I knew I had to have my blood pressure taken 'cause I was itching to light into her ass.

I asked the examiner what was OW's problem. At the time she had no idea. When I went to the bathroom to give my urine sample she talked to OW. Come to find out OW was peeved because some moron supposed to complete his pre-employment drug test had just called for directions. This had rescheduled numerous times and it was inconveniencing their office. Never having met the guy she assumed I was him. Hmmph!!!

4 comments:

Fresh said...

Temper, temper ;) But seriously, I hate when ppl make their issue your issues. Keep that yourself...how unprofessional.

Shawn said...

I know, right?!!!

princessdominique said...

That's just crazy. You know what happens when you assume. She needs a severe time out like a 3 year old.

ShellyP said...

That was indeed rude of her. Kudos to your for letting her know the world doesn't revolve around her.