A few weeks ago I attempted to add an additional phone line to my T Mobile account at a local T Mo store but was unsuccessful. They coudn't verify that I was the account holder because of a discrepancy with the tax id on file and the tax id I was using in person. The sales associate tried repeatedly to explain to the woman on the phone in the accounting department that I was indeed the account holder but she wouldn't budge. The sales associate requested that I roam the mall for 30 minutes then return to the store while the accounting department investigated the situation. That wasn't a option for me because of some appointments I had that day. He asked that give him a call later in the day to check the status of my account.
When I contacted him later that day, he informed me that I needed to fax a document to T Mobile customer care requesting that they update their records with the correct information. I wasn't near a computer or a fax nor did I have the time to send them a fax so that wasn't an option that day.
Boy was I irritated. Not only was I gonna have waste more gas and time going back to the T Mobile store but not once in my 4 months of service with them had they ever noticed this problem before. Every time I had called into T Mobile to discuss my account prior to that day I had recited my tax id to them and there was never a problem.
The following day I finally get around to faxing T Mobile. An hour after the fax is sent, I give them a call to verify that my account has been updated. The first rep I speak with doesn't see the changes and transfers me to another rep. The second rep asks me to recite the correct tax id to him while he looks at the tax id on record. Immediately he spots the problem - someone had inverted 2 numbers in the sequence e.g. 92-4 was changed to 94-2. He apologizes for the typo. I tell him I am pissed that i've been inconvenienced because of someone's error at T Mobile. He back tracks and accuses the authorize reseller from whom I bought my phone for making the error. We ended the call but I was quite annoyed.
Ten minutes later, I phone T Mobile again to request termination of service. The service rep ask what can be done to keep my service active. I share my story with him and explain that I feel a credit should've been offered to me for the trouble. He places me hold while consults with his supervisor. When he returns he tells me his supervisor has authorized him to offer me 3 days worth of credit which amount to $5. I told him that was unacceptable. He explained that his hands were tied but he wanted to transfer me to another department that he felt could offer me a better credit.
I was transferred a few times until a rep from business care came on the line. I then share my story with him and add that I had just been offered $5 credit which was insulting to me. When I finish my spiel he asks me if a $10 credit would make me happier. I tell him no. He asks me what would make me happy. I tell a $35 dollar credit to offset the new activation fee for new phone I plan to purchase would be ideal. He tells me that's not a possibility but counters with an offer for a free month of service 6 months from that date. Tell him that's too long to wait for a free credit but question why the credit had to be in 6 months instead of immediate. He tells me it's company policy. He then offers to give me 500 minutes to use over a 3 month period. I tell him I don't like that offer either. He offers free texting for 3 months too. I tell I have unlimited data on my current service plan so that's not a bonus for me. He tells me those offers are the best he's got then ask me to choose one. I settle on taking the $10 credit and I murmur hostilities towards T Mobile under my breath.
Mr biz rep starts typing away for several minutes - I am assuming he was noting my account about our conversation and adding the credit - suddenly he stops typing and says I need to make you aware of something. He goes on to tell me that once I accept this one time credit to my account that I will no longer be eligible to receive any future credits or bonuses from T Mobile. I asked him to repeat himself to make sure I heard him correctly - and I had. I told him T Mobile's customer service was the worst that I had ever received.
Have you ever heard of a company policy as ridiculous as that one? That takes the cake for me. I've reported them to the better business bureau thanks to the suggestion of Trent. I think terminating my service is the best thing to do. I don't like giving money to companies that don't know how to show some appreciation for its customers.
I've written a letter to T Mobile corporate detailing how their error caused me great inconvenience and expressing my disgust with their company policies.
Do you know I called the authorized reseller to have them check their records? and guess what? They have the correct tax id on file. T Mobile's staff goofed not me nor the reseller.
So I was saddened to hear the news that Tonex is retiring from the music industry as an artist. On his blog he mentions various reasons and persons that lead him to make his decision. I have always appreciated that the fact that he tried to push the envelope in gospel music. I find most gospel music stale and lacking in creativity. It was a pleasure to watch him try new things to keep himself fresh. I don't know why other christians could accept and appreciate his vision.
I remember when I first became aware of his music. A pastor friend of mine mentioned a gospel listening party/showcase he was going to attend and asked me to meet him there. I was very reluctant because I didn't want to be held hostage in a room full of christian pretending to be enjoying some music that just wasn't doing anything for me. My pastor friend insisted that I meet him there because he was certain Tonex was the kind of artist I had been complaining was missing in gospel music. I relented to his request and met him at the listening party/showcase.
Before the showcase begins, Pastor friend introduces me to Tonex and tells him I am tough critic so he had better be good or I'd let him know about it. I couldn't believe Pastor friend said that to Tonex. I was very embarassed and I don't embarass easily. I think Tonex was a bit put off by Pastor friend's words but he graciously said something like I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.
Anyhoo, the showcase began and to my surprise Tonex ripped it. He sang his tail off and the music was just what the doctor ordered for me. He had R&B and neo-soulish sounds that enticed my ears. And he sounded comfortable singing over that style of music. I think he opened with the first single from that album Personal Jesus. I so appreciated him by the time the showcase was winding down that I made it a point to seek him out and tell him much I enjoyed his music before I left. Pastor friend had done me a great disservice and I hoped my compliments would somehow rectify that a bit. Not only did he sing well that night, but he put a lot energy into his visual presentation. You could tell immediately that this was a man with great vision and he was going to forever stand out.
I was too excited by the time his album finally hit the shelves. I made it a point to share his music with everyone I knew. Some friends took to him instantly while others couldn't share in my enthusiasm. I played his Pronouced Toe-Nay disc damn near every day for 3 months straight.
I am sure he'll be back as an artist at some point. I hope the gospel community will embrace him more the next go 'round.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
My thing is this: When you call businesses, they act like you're walking around with a fax line and copier on your hip like the old big beepers.
Who does that?
My favorite is when I call from my cell (which should mean I'm out) and they start telilng you things you need to write down without waiting to see whether you have a pen handy.
It AIN'T right!
I've never had any service besides sprint for my cell's for the last...ten years? Never had a problem, always great service.
I've neve heard of Tonex, but I'll go online and see if I can find something of his to listen to.
Heard anything from the auditions?
T-Mo Sux...that offer was insulting and I would have said...cut it off. Hope corporate is able to resolve this issue for you.
Customer service is pretty bad these days. And to top things off, sometimes the representatives will talk pure trash right in your face. It seems like that would hurt business. Oh well.
m-dubb - Yes I hate when I have to tell reps to wait a minute while I locate a pen or something. Shoot, I hate that they start rattling off number and names like I take shorthand for a living...slow the mess down and stop trying to rush me off the line.
kathi - I am glad someone has no complaints with Sprint. I have never used their service but everyone I know that's used them has a Sprint horror story.
I've heard nothing on the auditons...man, you think I am supposed to book everything I audition for? ;-) I'll let you know if I hear anything
berry - Terminating service is my next move. I had to work something out first before I can get all indignant and tell them to take their phone and shove it.
aziza - I can't recall reps talking bad to me in person but on the phone I've had my fair share run-ins.
I recall a time this chick at Nextel hung up on me while we were having heated exchange about her attitude. I guess she thought that would end it. I am think she assumed I wouldn't remember her name. I called right back and told them her name and what she had done. I received some really nice credits thanks to her.
I mean business when I call into most of these places.
www.BBB.com
It gets them hoes right together!
Post a Comment