Sunday, January 8
A Look Back
1)Troop: Man, this was my jam. I knew the routine. You'da swore I was the 6th member. Remember when songs had musical bridges with no vocals?
2)SWV: It's rare that an artist makes a full length song from interlude and the song is hot. SWV used the be queens of dope ass remixes.
3)UNV: Me and my friend used to sing this song e-very-day. Man, we'd switch off singing lead parts then harmonize on the chorus
4)Jodeci: I was never a fan of Jodeci but when I heard this song it was a wrap. I ran out and bought "Diary of a Mad Band"
5)Monica: Remember Miss Thang? Remember when Monica was a grown ass acting 14yr old?
6)NE: Isn't this like their best ballad ever? I remember when I used to be able to hit that high note Ricky hits. "And I LUUUUUUV You Girl"
7)Mr Saadiq: I walked into a store this week and this song was playing and I started grooving in the store
8)Intro: I used to dance around the house singing this song everyday for 6 months
9)Lalah: I remember hearing this song and borrowing Lalah's album from a girl I had a crush on and not wanting to return it. In fact I think I pulled the "if I keep this item long enough she won't remember she owns this" game. Best thing I've ever confiscated. It became one of the my all time favorite albums.
10)Brian: I tried to tell everybody they were sleeping on Brian when he fist came out. This song is so sick it's ridiculous. People weren't ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Definitely good tracks... I was damn near ecstatic when they went ahead and did the full version of "Anything", because I think I played that interlude over and over and over again...
*sigh* I miss the 90's...
This is cool stuff. The advantage of internet radio is old guy like me can find music we missed when hip hop took over radio. I like Saadiq, and loooove me some Lalah Hathaway.
.
Dang dude, OLD school! I love it! LOL
I remember these songs. I loved SWV and was so disappointed when they broke up. I was a Jodeci fan from the gate ... "Stay" was on my answering machine back in the day. I thought some of these songs were a little before your time. :0
Tasha - I miss the early 90s too.
sable - what do you have against hip hop? I love me some Lalah more than you. :-)
berry - I thought you would
mytruth - I know
chele - before my time? Ha! I think I hated every song on Jodeci's first album with the exception of the Stay remix. I am a big SWV fan and was disappointed with their break up and drop off in appeal. Coko's range is incredible.
Post a Comment