Sunday, January 15

Good Times, Good Memories



1)De La Soul: Remember when hip hop was fun and hip hoppers liked and respected each other?
2)Tribe: I couldn't get enough Tribe back then
3)Snoop: Snoop's flow was second to none when he first dropped. Snoop and Dre were magic together.
4)PG & LT: Track is still hot. Remember the version where they shouted out cities across the nation? Smart business move
5)Lil Kim: Don't you miss the Kim of old? pre-surgery; pre-icon status?
6)DEF & SR: Don't you just love Slick Rick's pronuniciations?
7)Black Sheep: I used to jump around like they did in the video everytime the song came on.
8)Foxy: I'm still hurt she and Jay stopped collaborating
9)Biggie: Party anthem at it's best

3 comments:

Fresh said...

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

Stacy-Deanne said...

Since I hit my twenties I no longer listen to the " new " music. I just can't hang with those same singers and groups sounding a like. I listen to old school R&B and R&B from the 80's and 90's. I am also a big rock fan. And you know I love Madonna and Michael Jackson. That's real music. Now I see why older folks listen to songs they grew up on instead of current music. Music just isn't music anymore. I am even tiring of the artists I used to like. I used to listen to people like Brandy, Monica, Janet Jackson but I don't find their latest releases half as appealing as their earlier songs. More and more I am drifting into old school music. I used to not listen to Luther, not that I didn't like him, but I just didn't listen to him. Now he is all I listen to. I love his Greatest Hits album. I think I will stick to the old stuff until new music provides something real. The artists and the music seems so fake now. I blame it on rap which is tearing down the industry. Rappers in the 80's and 90's had real talent. Now any old fool in baggy jeans thinks he can rap. The rappers I used to like weren't killers, they were muscians. I don't know if the industry will get back to real music. Besides Angie Stone, Mary J. Blige, Faith Evans, Kelly Price...there aren't many decent artists out there.

Shawn said...

berry - you're welcome

stacy - the landscape of music has changed considerably. I listen to current music but I don't embrace it as much as I once did. I am moved much more by the singers of the '90s. However, I stay open to adding new artist to my 'I like' list. There is still some talent out there.

I sure do miss the jazz influenced hip hop of yesteryear.

Mary J Blige an artist? Hahaha!!!! ROTFLMAO